Friday, May 12, 2006

A much better week

You know what, when its Friday AM and I am blogging, it can mean lot of things.
To make a few guesses myself:
1. I am already in a holiday / weekend mood trying to freakout.
2. The level of frustration is so high, and I don't have a friend around whose patient ears can take the venom I plan to spit out.
3. There is some very exciting news around the corner, and I am dying to share it with folks around.

Being realistic, its none of these reasons really. But just that I am feeling much better about myself than last week. Of course, destiny would argue that when you are sitting on Mariana trench the only direction you can take is northbound. But still I'm gay (no, not Karan Johar eshtyle) that my tryst with fate always has some light at end of the tunnel. Maybe karma decides to punish me for some wrong doings in my earlier births, but also provides a beacon to guide me thru the storm.

Without get more heavy on words, to put it plainly, I am feeling elated since the last weekend, or to put it rightly, in a positive frame of mind and that seems to be showing on my mind and soul.
Last weekend was busy and unlike regular ones when I go in for a voluntary claustrophobia , this time it was time spent outdoors, braving the heat of the MaySun.
Meeting friends and yes, doing another thing for the 1st time was a good experience in general. Sunday too was spent in some external activities with domestic connections, and shopping for trousseaus (curtains) !

This week I took it a little steady in office, and preferred to be laid back at times and enjoy, rather than go into a vicious cycle of cribbing and it helped. Suddenly out of the blue, my exercise routine is shaping up well, and hopefully so will my muscles, over a period of time, with regualar doses of gym workout.
Fixed a lot of small defects in office, and small though they might be, I suddenly realized how much better off I was compared to a year ago, when instability was my relentless companion and things like checkins and defect fixing seemed age old concepts. It feels good to contribute in whatever way to a nice li'll backup software, which is consumed by millions of customers round the world.

Have a presentation to make this afternoon, and that should consume the rest of the afternoon for me, preparing for the same and making ancillary arrangements to marshall stuff.
Looking fwd to this week as a precursor of the good times to come.
Hail the Kingfisher, the king of good times...

1 comment:

Abhijit Deodhar said...

good going bro!