Monday, October 11, 2004

Of predications and predicates

The last time I made a prediction, it wasn't on this lovely Blog Spot, but on rediff blogs
and it was around May of 2004, where in the scorching heat, the NDA and what is (un)fondly called as UPA were engaged in a tussle of supremacy.

Well, it was not a battle for land, or was it ?
Though the Englishment came up with this saying 'Uneasy is the head that wears the crown', everyone wanted that cherished crown.
I made a prediction then that the NDA would romp home with an unsurmountable margin of 330 seats in the current Lok Sabha. Elex results were out, and I had to bite my tongue, since I couldn't even say I made a typo; clearly the NDA had refused to garner even 230 seats in all.
Well, polsters do go wrong, so the novice like me need not worry.....

That's why with the cricketing fever gripping the sub-continent again, with our favorite opponents back here, the mates from Down Under, I have gathered enuff courage to prophesize.
They say, failure is the stepping stone to success, so my previous failure makes my resolve even more resolute.
Here it goes, I predict that Aussies will succeed in conquering the Final Frontier, India this time,and that too in style.

Guyz, don't be surprised if they crush us 3-1 this time, because the law of averages suggests that, and more importantly, for the aesthetics, sheer determination, homework, team spirit and talent are difficult to crush even inside a Lion's den. To worsen things, the Indian lion is either aged or in a deep slumber.
Without extending this further, here's a breakup of how I landed the test score above
Bangalore :- Australia
Chennai :- India
Nagpur :- Tough call, could be a draw (but Aus will pull off a victory here)
Mumbai :- Crushing defeat at Mumbai inflicted on India

In office, my current group lead haas resigned and all I can write on this blog is that it was an unexpected move, though I welcome it.

No comments: