Friday, August 11, 2006

Lord of the Rings.

I have been planning to leave office early for the past several weeks, but there’s a catch 22 situation at hand. Making an early egress means having to skip certain rituals, which now define my new persona; and my mind, has been conditioned into not making those compromises. And somewhere around 7 or 7:30 pm, when office chores and personal agendas are attended to, it is traffic jams which force me to wait in the secure confines of a security company rather than venture into the dark murky boulevards, with not tinges of water, but overflowing gargoyles of rain-water which have been pouring onto the city and the Deccan Plateau incessantly for the past few weeks.

After finishing the succinct version of the Bhagavad-Gita, I had the privilege to read more philosophical literature in the form of ‘The Monk who sold his Ferrari’ and followed it up with Deepak Chopra’s Seven Laws of Success. Some of the techniques in there are truly marvelous if applied in the right spirit and I am willing to make a gambit to get back what slipped thru my cuff last month. Oh, I get goose bumps when my thoughts travel back in time…

I did quite a bit of religious reading too last week and have been continuing this routine. The story of Shani (Saturn) sounded intriguing when my mom told it to me and I aptly chose a Saturday to read thru it; it was indeed absorbing, revering and gave a great sense of peace in the end… Its indeed the Lord of the rings i.e. Saturn who is lord of the planets!!

Another therapy that I am practicing is the one on Anger Management, and the crux is to not generate those anger impulses in the first place; aka prevention is better than cure. It’s an uphill task and I know that the going is tough, but not as tough as I thought it would be. It amazes me how you look for conventional and unconventional ways and means when the ride is a little bumpy and light at the end of the tunnel is usually a train rather than the bright sunlight in an azure sky. :-)

2 comments:

Harshita said...

Hey axay, i could use a lot of tips from your anger management therapy ..

paamar said...

send me some ptrs on anger mgmt :)