Friday, July 28, 2006

time pass chalu hai boss...

Its one of those days when I have all the time to do what I want; of course the expectation is that the defect at hand be addressed, but its turning out to be a pain point to say the least.

I have become a great fan of ‘Fanaa’ songs and listening to them everyday has become a routine of sorts. Doing that at this very moment too :-)

Recently read ‘False impressions’ by Jeffrey Archer, I believe the first bestseller from him in his post-jail days. His literary style suits my interests and I remember I wasn’t too amused to hear him face a prison sentence. Also, this one was out of money from my own pocket after a long time, and I must thank the imitation folks who created a wonderful copy of the original with bar-code and stuff !!

Another good short-story collection I remember is ‘A quiver full of arrows’, it always had this element of surprise that left readers on tender-hooks towards the end.

My life has become a quiver of arrows in itself over the last six months or so.

Every other day I pull one out and aim it as if using the ‘Gandiv’ bow which was proudly possessed by Arjuna. More often than not, it fails to hit the target, or even if it does, it ends up meeting an aegis of defense.

I am still left wondering what foundry those shields are made of, that my arrows fail to pierce. The problem is not with the bow or arrow, it’s in Arjuna himself, who has lost focus or finds the bonding forces of Prakriti causing his plans to fall like nine-pins. The need of the hour is to blow the ‘Devdatta’ with full vigor and raise the war cry to enter the battle-field with a renewed sense of confidence.

Orkutting has become pretty pedestrian for me these days and I have come across many lost connections. I find it funny the rate at which some folks keep scrapping like regular IM chat, since I find it the least user friendly. In any case, it’s just for the one-off message was my belief. But with Yahoo messenger in office under the scanner from the IT dept, I must acknowledge the service it does to humanity.

Microsoft is coming to Pune shortly, is the news making rounds and spreading like wild forest fire, and adding fuel to this is the latest update that they are paying BE freshies a whopping 9.1 Lakh of rupees, that’s almost a million, by GOD !! Where is the IT industry headed towards ??

Planning to give today evening’s conf call a miss, since I see it more like a sheer waste of time and not paying the kind of dividends I expected it to. There was one good news btw, this week which lifted my spirits to more cheerful levels. When it was summer, I thought it was the heat and was longing for the monsoon. Now monsoons have gripped the peninsula, and that makes one feel lackadaisical at times. Human tendency I guess, to long for what is on the other bank of the river, and to long harder for things which seem out of control !!! I am trying to refrain from that though..Does that mean I am not human then ? :-)

No comments: