Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Happy new year

Wishing all my fans a very happy new yr; I am trying not be modest this time, and taking the liberty that people reading thru my blog admire me for something, if not everything.
Life seems in much better shape and size, so to say, since I have re-paid partial debt to the Earth.
This is by virtue of getting rid of a few kilograms of mass, which has been gracefully docked off my body.
The compliments have flown in from a couple of a quarters and has done my self esteem a bunch of good.
Controversies in India are something as commonplace as potholes were on the streets of Pune a few months ago, when rains wreaked havoc. Firstly, there is the ensuing phone-tapping controversy which has made the govt go weak in its knees. Surprisingly, this symptom can occur when there is either a gush of positive energy or a tide of negative waves floating around. Luckily for me, I belonged to the earlier camp a week ago, when I suffered a blow of voluptuous infatuation. Makes one 'praise the Lord' at such times, since that is how I realize the meaning of his omnipresence.

The other controversy is always "Ganguly", and I believe this will continue till curtains fall on his chequered and illustrious career, but will still be remebered for the controversies that he leaves behind as a Pandora's box, full of legends. I can see beyond the mere coincidence that Raj Singh decided to wear the cap of team Manager to ensure that the Prince of Kolkata felt like a dwarfed nobody, struggling to wear the crown !!

Was watching the 'Legend of Tendulkar' this weekend on Star Sports and it was resplendent with his past glories; I really liked the centuries he made in my land down under, way back in 1991-92. I know pundits and fanatics of this sport will be breathing for my blood, but I am sure that Ricky Ponting, the Tasmnian Tiger will overshadow his record of Test centuries at the end of his illustrious career.

1 comment:

Abhijit Deodhar said...

who is this juicy fruiter dada?