Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer of 2010

Lot of water has flown down the bridge, since I last put my blogging skills to use.
And yes, I'm still not an alien, with a blue-body akin to the Avataar lead pair, but still the blogosphere feels like a different place altogether..But I'm sure, a few hundred lines is all that it would take for my Shin-kan-zen to start rolling once again!
2009 was a year in which a lot happened, and its hard to believe we are knocking at the doors of June of 2010 already...Wasn't it just a few days ago, that 2010 came beckoning to be the year of economic revival, promising to usher in good times again, and make mends for the recession that gripped the world thru 2008 and 2009.

Of course, another kind of Dragon has got a firm grip on world affairs now, with China, shining like a star in the new world order and humbling the mighty Uncle Sam, whenever it gets an opportunity.
Now, I haven't read into the fineprint about the situation @Latitude 38 parallel North aka the Korean peninsula, but my gut feel says, its a proxy war between the USA and China, not South and North Korea..

One of the evolutions in my social networking history over the year was switching over from Orkut to the more sociable 'Facebook'. Now, being a die-hard Google fan, it wasn't an easy choice, but a decision made with due diligence and listening to my heart's call !!
To summarize, in the war between Mountain View and Palo Alto, PA won handsomely. I guess it was also easier to favor PA, since I moved residence out of MTV to the relatively more sunny, vale in the Bay Area.

Now I am not a big fan of Al Gore and his initiatives to save the planet, but the weather change being experienced recently has caused me to devote more than the occasional shrug to the issue of global warming. Here in Cali, you are supposed to pay premium for the Sun, but dude, where is the Sun, this yr ?? NorCal is behaving more like its cousin Portland and distant Pacific cousin Seattle in exhibiting a weather pattern that is as naive to me as a doughnut would be to a newborn !!
Spring has brought everything to life, but the chill accompanied by the erratic rains has really left me doing Brrr..for the past several months, with no respite on the horizon.

Back home, India is reeling under a severe heat wave that would offer stiff competition to the Icelandic volcanic ash that left Europe limping and got flights to a standstill. Could it not spare Europe, as it was already limping under the Euro-zone crisis?
40 deg celcius is the norm now, and its not uncommon for the Deccan Plateau to warm up close to the half-century mark (temperature wise). Guess, the only advantage is hotels won't need an oven any longer to serve the Tandoori chicken to its fans!

Have a flight to catch later, but hoping to bring back the blogging spirit in the Summer of 2010 !!

1 comment:

Abhijit Deodhar said...

sahi ahe re..looks like u r back in form