Friday, November 10, 2006

The ball gets rolling..

This is a phase in life where things seem to be moving rather than gathering moss. The last month has not changed life dramatically, but clearly brings along that lilting melody of the hummingbird, which seems to have come back after a rather long migration and hibernation..
Life is set for a change when one gets married, and i can sense that from the fact that i am set to lose my bachelorhood, albeit willingly. The self will be lost and a couple will replace it unknowingly and from what it seems so far, happily. The Atlantic sea of turmoil on this front has turned pacific, and suddenly it sounds like a mission accomplished. A couple of nerve wrecking feelings have also made a stopover at times, but I have managed to quash them under the blanket of optimism. There have been quite a few first things over the past fortnight and while it sounded so intriguing and exhilirating at that time, my objectivity has returned back only to make me feel as normal as the winters which have just started casting their spell over the city of Pune.
The days are getting smaller but my sleep is burgeoning beyond the normal, and for the past few days, I seem to wake up amidst the chirping of birds, but the inertia to get moving takes it toll and forces me to turn back by a right angle into a comfortable prostrate position.
The Champions' Trophy came and went like an unwanted guest and no wonder the enthusiasm was at its nadir. I must have barely watched a total of 15-20 minutes of the entire tournament and did not regret that one bit. What made news was the final, and no, it wasn't the lop-sided match, but the post-match presentation which was such a newsmaker. I must say the Aussies did it in perfect style, very akin to their blood, and the roots of their ignoble origin surface at times like this, causing embarrasment to the folks around. Made me ashamed to Australian cricket of which I have been an avid fan since the Summer of 1999 when India toured there after 8 long years.

No comments: